February 19, 2012

Crocheting: English vs. German Terminology

Guess I'm not the only person having problems with the English crocheting terminology from time to time. It took me a while to figure out that there's actually a difference between the British and the American one. For those of you having problems with this as well...

American vs. German Terminology: PDF-File by Granny's Garret

American vs. British Terminology: Guide at About.Com

PS: I sometimes mention patterns by Sarah London. She lives in Australia and is therefore using the British terminology.

- Uta -

1 comment:

  1. This is really useful, Uta. I remember when I started crochet last year, I was really confused when patterns didn't turn out the way I expected because I didn't realise the different terminology. Maggie xx

    ReplyDelete

PLESE NOTE that a blog administrator must actively publish comments before they show up!