February 18, 2013

Strickliesel reloaded

Yesterday, my parents came over for brunch. And look what my mother brought me :) The Strickliesel so reminds me of when I was a little girl! Unfortunately, I don't know the English word for it. dict.cc suggested knitting Jenny but when I googled that, I only found pictures of way larger knitting helpers. But I'm sure some of you can help me here :)


Well, as you can see I started right away, I've knittend about 90 cm already. And I'm still trying to figure out what exactly I'm going to do with it. My friend Kristin made coaster for her tea pot, maybe I'm going to do the same, let's see.

Have a great week everyone!

Yours
Uta

3 comments:

  1. It was called a Knitting Nancy when I had one, way back when!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, I have one of those...but I don´t know how they are called (?)
    Once I made a scarf by braiding many of these cords together...Or have used them as cords for hand-knit sweaters.

    ReplyDelete
  3. She's. Nancy.
    Lots of fun - around here they tie several different coloured cords together to make a very colourful scarf.
    Enjoy playing.

    ReplyDelete

PLESE NOTE that a blog administrator must actively publish comments before they show up!