May 5, 2012

Crochet Flower Pattern

I quickly wanted to share with you the pattern for the crochet flower I blogged about here!


Here it is:




Begin with a magic ring (or a couple of CH joined with a SL if you like)
Round 1: 3 CH, 14 DC into Ring, join with SL in 3rd CH (15)
Round 2: 3 CH, 1 DC in same CH, 2 DC in each DC of the first round, join with SL in 3rd CH (30)
Round 3: 3 CH, 1 DC in same CH, 1 CH, 2 DC in same CH, *skip two DC, 2 DC in next DC, 1 CH, 2 DC in same DC * repeate 8 times, joing with SL in 3rd CH (10 groups), break yarn
Round 4: Attach yarn around CH of one of the 10 groups, 3 CH, 2 DC around same CH, 2 CH, 3 DC around same CH, * 3 DC around CH of the next group, 2 CH, 3 DC around same CH * repeate 8 times, join with SL in 3rd CH (10 groups)
Round 5: 8 DC around CH of the first group, SC between the DC of the 4th round, * 8 DC around CH of the next group, 1 SC between DC of the 4th round * repeate 8 times, join with SL into first DC (10 groups)
Round 6: 1 CH, 1 SC in same DC, 1 SC in each of the follwing 3 DC, 2 CH, 1 SC in each of the follwing 4 DC, 3 CH, 1 SC between the two DC of the 3rd round, 3 CH, * 1 SC in each of the following 4 DC of the next group, 2 CH, 1 SC in each of the follwing 4 DC of the same group, 3 CH, 1 SC between the two DC of the 3rd round 3 CH * repeate 8 times, join with SL in first SC, break yarn

CH = chain
SL = slip stitch
SC = single crochet
DC = double crochet
(American terminology)

Enjoy hooking!

- Uta -

PS: This is the first pattern I ever wrote down in English so I hope there aren't too many mistakes in there ;)

18 comments:

  1. Thanks for sharing your pretty flower pattern with everyone. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's a lovely pattern, thank you for sharing I will definitely try it soon :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for sharing the pattern :) Looking forward to trying it. Maggie xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're welcome, Maggie :) Looking forward to see your result :)

      Delete
  4. umm did you say what size hook or yarn, because I can't find it... just confused..

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I used Schachenmayr Bravo yarn for this one and a 4mm hook as far as I remember... hope that helps!

      Delete
  5. thank you! yes it looks good so far, but I'm stuck on round 6. the edges don't look right and I'm confused on exactly where the single crochets need to go. like when I do it the bottom of the petal edges look all jumbled up.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I added some videos. Please check out the one about round 6. I hope that explains it. If not, please let me know!

      Happy Hookin' :)

      Delete
    2. Can you give us a link to the videos you've made for this? Thanks

      Delete
  6. Hello! Are we allowed to sell finished products using the pattern? I'll be sure to give you the credit for the pattern, of course, but wanted to ask for permission first :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi there! Thank you for asking. I don't object to you selling products using my patterns :)

      Delete
    2. Can I do a step-by-step tutorial on how to crochet your pattern on YouTube and on TikTok I just want your permission first

      Delete
  7. Thanks so much for this pattern. Sunflowers are so popular here in my city. I would very much like to make a video tutorial of this to share on YouTube and Facebook so the locals here in my city can make it. I will make sure to credit you as designer. =)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That sounds awesome :) Please let me know when the video has been published, I'd like to watch it :)

      Delete
    2. Oh thanks so much Uta! I have done the tutorial and published. But I wonder if I did it right? Haha, I'm a bit nervous although I diligently followed the diagram. The end tended to curl but it's ok because I mounted these in hoops and turned into wall hangings so the edges straightened with no problem. Here is the video link of the tutorial. Thank you so much for sharing your design and allowing me to make the video. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hvPW3dToi9w&t=30s

      Delete

PLESE NOTE that a blog administrator must actively publish comments before they show up!