March 4, 2014

Drawstring Pouches

This is yet another project I had on my list of resolutions for 2014 - drawstring pouches! They are quite similar to the ones over at the Martha Stewart Page. The only difference is that mine have only one layer of fabric instead of two.




I used a 100% cotton fabric from IKEA called BERTA RUTA. Not sure whether it has the same name all over the world. As far as I know IKEA names things differently depending on the region it is sold. One meter of that fabric made three big pouches and a small one, btw. For the drawstrings I simply used shoelaces.

The drawstring pouches are also mentioned in Martha Stewart's Encyclopedia of Sewing and Fabric Crafts, which I got for my birthday last year. Great book with good information and nice project ideas in it!


Yours
Uta


2 comments:

  1. They're great! So handy for all sorts of things. Xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. They're very nice. Would be nice to use to wrap Birthday presents in. :)

    ReplyDelete

PLESE NOTE that a blog administrator must actively publish comments before they show up!