March 11, 2014

Pinspired In The Kitchen: Banana Cocoa Refrigerator Oatmeal

Here we go again with yet another pinspired dish! I'm still busy working on a couple of birthday and Easter gifts, therefore I've got another food blog post for you in the meantime :)



Reason to pick this recipe:
I'm an oatmeal and granola for breakfast kind of girl. Plus it said cocoa.

Tweaks made:
I veganized the recipe by substituting milk with rice milk and honey with maple syrup.
No, I'm not a vegan, I'm a vegetarian. Nevertheless, I try to keep diary to a minimum because my digestive system isn't exactly fond of it.

How it turned out:
Well...it didn't exactly blow me of my socks to be honest, mostly because of its texture. The oatmeal turned out quite gooey and that's something I'm having a problem with for breakfast. I prefer dishes that are a little bit firm to the bite. Maybe I'll make some more tweaks to it (like using apples instead of a banana) and give it another try. I'm not sure yet.

Oh and I almost forgot, here's the obligatory picture:


Yours
Uta

1 comment:

PLESE NOTE that a blog administrator must actively publish comments before they show up!