October 1, 2014

Halloween Decor: Paper Lanterns

Hey Crafting Pals,

October is here, Halloween is near! So over the next 7 days I'm going to post different Halloween crafting projects. Let's start with project #1 right away: Paper Lanterns!

You need:
  • One sheet of orange paper per lantern
  • A computer or something similar with a properly working internet connection and a printer connected to it
  • A cutter and I also recommend a cutting board or mat
  • Transparent tape
  • Small LED lights



Step 1:
Turn on your computer/laptop/tablet/whatever, go online, search for nice Halloween stencils and print them on the top of your orange paper sheets (one per sheet)

Step 2:
Cut or rip the paper sheets in half

Step 3:
Cut out the different shapes

Step 4:
Now tape the paper sheets back together along the shorter sides

Now all you have to do is put a little light inside.
BUT: As a daughter of full-time firefighter I highly recommend NOT to use any sort of candle here! Paper is easily inflammable and this paper lantern construction is quite unstable. My tip therefore is to invest in LED lights. I used little LED lights from IKEA, SOLVINDEN they are called. I think three of those tiny lights are $5 in the US and about 3€ in Germany. Quite affordable and definitely a good investment.

Oh, and I almost forgot - TAAADAAAAAA:



Happy Craftin'!

Yours
Uta

2 comments:

  1. They're fab! Thanks for sharing. Maggie x
    Ps. I have a new blog (still have my old one too) http://bramblinginbrittany.blogspot.co.uk/
    Please pop by and take a peek if you have a minute!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you, Maggie :)
    I stopped by your new blog just yesterday and I love it! And it explains all the French cottage style pins over at Pinterest ;)

    ReplyDelete

PLESE NOTE that a blog administrator must actively publish comments before they show up!