March 23, 2016

Lanybook Bullet Journal

Hi everyone,

today is all about notebooks and bullet journaling...

A couple of months ago my sister gifted me a Lanybook. I'm not sure whether you ever heard of that brand up until now. I hadn't until I was holding mine in my hands. You can compare it with the hardcover Leuchtturm1917 I would say. Of course it's slightly different but in the end, all those notebooks, may it be from Moleskine, Leuchtturm1917 or Lanybook, are somehow similar.

So the Lanybook I'm holding in my hands is from the "The One II" collection, light-blue cover, A5, grid. I made a quick Amazon.de search and found out they cost about 18-19 €. Here are a few impressions...


There are a couple of nice details like the texture of the cover, the tiny little metal thingy on the front, the brand name on the elastic and the slightly different back pocket.


Not long ago, I decided this Lanybook should become my first ever Bullet Journal. Not for my private planning but for work. So while staying at home for a whole week due to a really bad cold that kept me mostly on my couch I took some time (of what I had plenty at that time unfortunately) and took care of the setup.

First thing I did was gently breaking the spine using instructions from THIS VIDEO.

Afterwards I created the first sections which I'm going to show you know. I will skip the Index which is the very first thing in my Bullet Journal and start right with the content.

So on the first pages you can find a 2016 calender. It's followed by monthly overviews of all the twelve months. As you can see, I tried to keep things simple. No fancy washis, no stickers, just ink and a tiny bit of color here and there.


After that there's my so called Future Log. Every page of my future log is divided into three sections, on per months, where I can note down task that don't fit into my current weekly spread.


Then we have the monthly setup where there is one line per day of the month like in the original Bullet Journal system. And on the right page there's the setup for the first week.


Now this is my very first Bullet Journal as I mentioned at the beginning. The setup is mostly based on what I saw other people doing and using. I'm not sure whether it will work out for me. Quite the contrary, I'm sort of 100% sure I'm going to change a couple of things during the next few weeks and months. I'll keep you posted on that :)

Alright, that's it for today. Does anyone of you have experience with bullet journaling? If so, how's your process? What do you like, what did you try that didn't work for you at all? Let me know :)

Yours
Uta

No comments:

Post a Comment

PLESE NOTE that a blog administrator must actively publish comments before they show up!