January 11, 2017

Simple Booklet [Tutorial]

Hello everyone,

today I want to share with you a simple A5 booklet I made just recently:


I used the following materials to craft it:
  • Scrapbooking paper for the cover
  • D-C-Fix foil for the cover
  • 5 sheets of simple printer paper for the pages
  • Thread for the binding
  • A drop of glue

I had all these things already lying around so I did not have to by anything for this project.

So here're the instructions:

1. Take some scrapbooking paper in the size of the sheets of paper you intent to use for the pages. This will become the cover. Fold it in half. Also fold the sheets of paper in half.


2. Cut out a piece of d-c-fix foil which should be slightly bigger in size than the cover. Then put the foil onto the cover.


4. Cut the foil around the edges and the spine as shown in the picture below.


5. Then fold the foil over all around. It might be a bit hard to properly fold it, a ruler or bone folder might help.


6. Use a needle or peak to make little holes into the spine of the cover. I used a peak as you can see and I decided to make a tiny hole every cm (2.5 cm are about 1 inch). Afterwards do the same with the sheets of paper.


7. Using thread and a needle, sew along the spine through the cover as well as every sheet of paper. Simply go up and down, up and down,... until the end of the spine....


...then turn around and sew all the way back.


8. Tie a small knot to secure the binding. I also put a small drop of glue onto the knot to make sure it does not unravel.


And that's it!

Let me know what you think about the tutorial! And in case you are actually making some booklets for yourself using it, let me know as well, I'd love to see your results :)

Happy crafting, everyone!

Yours
Uta

No comments:

Post a Comment

PLESE NOTE that a blog administrator must actively publish comments before they show up!