November 1, 2017

Autumn Fun & Crafts

Hello everyone,

now that was one stormy weekend over here in Germany!
I spent the weekend in Gera with my friends Kristin and Maxi. We had an absolutely wonderful time, cooking yummy food, watching Autumnal movies, crafting and visiting a local animal park. And as usual: Time flies when you're having fun!

The first movie we watched was Hocus Pocus. A Halloween classic I would say. I loved it when I was a child and I still enjoy watching it.
The second movie we chose was Harry Potter and the Philosopher's Stone. When three Harry Potter fans meet in Autumn there is really no other choice than watching one of J.K. Rowing's master pieces ;)
For crafting ideas we turned to pinterest. Weeks before our girl's weekend, Kristin created a pinterest board and made us collect ideas of all sorts. We finally chose to hook these cuties:



These pumpkins are super easy to crochet and it's a great project to use up yarn from your stash.
Nevertheless, we made some tweaks to the original instructions. The stem as described in the pattern didn't really work for us. I therefore simply used one of my knooking needles and added a knitting-like stem which turned out pretty good I think.

Pinspired Crochet Pumpkin

Yesterday was a public holiday here in Germany, Reformation Day. It's usually not a holiday in the region where I live but as we are celebrating its 500th anniversary, whole Germany had the 31st of October off. I basically spent that day doing homework. Besides that I set up my planner for November and also printed out The Reset Girl's Happy Planner Club prompts for the upcoming month.

Happy Place Planner Club Prep

Well, and that's it for today. Until next week, my friends!

Yours
Uta

No comments:

Post a Comment

PLESE NOTE that a blog administrator must actively publish comments before they show up!