January 13, 2014

Pattern: Owl Twins

Happy Monday, everyone!

Remember these little guys here? Well, I thought it would be a good idea to share the pattern with you :)


For the German instructions, please see the following picture!

For the English instructions (US terminology) see the chart in the picture as well as the explanation below!


BOTTOM
1st round: Start with a magical ring, 1 CH, 11 DC into ring, finish round with a ST [12]
2nd round: 3 CH, 1 DC into same SC, 2 DC into each of the following DC, finish round with a ST [24]
3rd round: 3 CH, 2 DC into the next DC, *1 DC into the next DC, 2 DC into the next DC* repeate 10x, finish the round using the seamless joining method (Described by Sarah London HERE) [36]

BODY
=> See chart
- attache yarn to the bottom, hook every round in SC only, finish every round with a ST
- V means you need to hook two SC together 
- an V upside-down means you have to hook two SC into one SC

EYES
Start both eyes as follows...
1st round: Start with a magical ring, 1 CH, 5 SC into ring, finish round with a ST
2nd round: 1 CH, 2 SC into the same SC, 2 SC into each of the following SC, finish the round with a ST
3rd round - beginning: 1 CH, 1 SC into the same SC, 2 SC into the next SC, *1 SC into the next SC, 2 SC into the next SC* repeat 3x ...

For the right eye continue the 3rd round like this:
... 1 SC and one HDC into the next SC, 1 DC and one TR into the next SC, 4 CH, finish the round with a ST

For the left eye continue the 3rd round like this:
... 4 CH, 1 TR and one DC into the next SC, 1 HDC and one SC into the next DC, finish the round with a ST

=> Sew both eyes onto the body

NOSE
Use the same yarn you used for the body and stitch a V-shaped nose onto the body.


Happy Hookin' :)

Yours
Uta


*** Find this Pattern @ Ravelry: Uta's Owls ***

21 comments:

  1. In round 3 of the Bottom, how do you get 36sts performing 2dc, dc1 if the previous round only has 12sts? Do I continue the 2dc, dc1 until I have 36? Thank you in advance.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, there was a mistake in the pattern, I'm so sorry. Made some corrections, please check the description for the bottom part again - round one is 12 sts, round two 24 sts and round three 32 sts.

      Delete
  2. I am going to try and get my daughter to make me these cute owls, thank you for the pattern

    ReplyDelete
  3. I made one!! Turned out perfect! Thank you for the pattern update! I loaded my picture on Ravelry. Cute pattern! thank you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm so happy you like it :) Are you MargeOldbottom at Ravelry?

      Delete
    2. I am :) Thank you so much for featuring my finished project!

      Delete
  4. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. As said in the post, the pattern for the body can be found in the picture. It's the chart under 2) KÖRPER. Together with the English descriptions right under the picture that should do the trick.

      Delete
  5. Replies
    1. No problem! If you have further questions, don't hesitate to ask!

      Delete
  6. Silly question, but what type of yarn was used and what sized hook? I'm new at this and I am not sure what to use? Thank you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That question is definitely not silly at all!!!
      I used Schachenmayr Original Bravo, that's a 100% acrylic yarn. You can find it at http://schachenmayr.com/. For Bravo they recommend a 3 or 4 mm hook, I used a 4 mm hook.
      Hope that helps. If you have any further questions, please don't hesitate to ask :)

      Delete
  7. Hi there! I'm working on this right now and realized I'm not sure what each line in the box means. I'm working on the body, and in some boxes on the chart there are two II and another I.....could you clarify what this means? Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for stopping by :)
      Alrigh, I think I know what you mean. So in general each I stands for one single crochet. It doesn't matter whether there are two or just one in one box. That's just the result of trying to note down the pattern on quadrille paper.
      Most of the time, when there's just one I in a row, in the next row you have to crochet two single crochet in this one I. Or you hooked two single crochet together in the previous row.
      I hope that helped, I'm not that good in explaining sometimes :)
      If there's still something that is unclear, let me know. You can also reach out to me via Email or twitter if you like!

      Sunny greetings from Kassel/Germany!

      Delete
  8. Thank you so much for your reply! I'll work on these again and hope they turn out well!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I'm really confused about the body pattern. The lines are all single crochet? And the wording on the V & /\ sound confusing do you mean it's an increase & decrease? I'm more of a visual learner not written.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, the lines are all single crochet, V means decrease and /\ means increase :)

      Delete

PLESE NOTE that a blog administrator must actively publish comments before they show up!