August 30, 2014

What I've been baking lately

Hi ladies,

this post is going to be a short summary of a couple of dishes I tried over the last couple of day.

1. I made two batches of granola. The one on the left is apple cinnamon, the one on the right is chocolate amaranth. Both are more or less improvised.


2. These are my first ever self-made seitan sausages! A bit nasty when preparing, because the gluten makes the whole stuff extremely sticky. But they taste pretty good! The recipe is from one of my most favourite vegan cook books Vegan lecker, lecker (lecker is the German word for yummy).


3. This is a whole-grain bread, basically made using a Demeter bread baking mix which is organic. Had the first slices of it this morning for breakfast, definitely yummy!


Well, so besides all that baking I was also busy ringing in Autumn here in my little rental. Just a few minutes ago I hung up the last window decor.
Apart from that I caught myself spending a lot of time at Pottermore lately. Do you guys know Pottermore? It's the official Harry Potter website. After registration you will be sorted into one of the four houses (I ended up in Hufflepuff by the way). Then you can start brewing potions, practice spells and whatnot. Pretty addictive, I have to warn you ;) And just in case, someone of you has already registered there, I'm SnitchEcho11986, feel free to connect with me over at Pottermore.

Alright, that's it for today. Have a great weekend, everyone!

Yours
Uta

2 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. I wanted to make a granola that was sort of Autumn/Winter themed plus I was craving some chocolate. Those two versions mentioned are the result :) But the chocolate granola recipe is not final yet, I will need to make a view tweaks to it the next time I think, I'm not 100% happy with the result yet...

      Delete

PLESE NOTE that a blog administrator must actively publish comments before they show up!