March 18, 2012

A lovely weekend

I had such a great weekend!
My mum came over yesterday. First, she helped me to clean my apartment. This may sound strange - my mum is coming over to help me cleaning?! Some background information: I moved into this apartment a couple of months ago and I took over some of the kitchen furniture from the previous tenant. Unfortunately, this kitchen furniture made a lot of trouble since then. I guess my mum couldn't bear my complaints any longer so she offered me some help that I accepted with thanks.
And of course, we didn't spend the whole day cleaning! Around noon we had lunch at one of our favourite restaurants. We both chose crêpe filled with leaf spinach, feta cheese and muchrooms - sooo yummy! Afterwards, we made a quick trip to a market garden where we both bought some terracotta. We then headed downtown for shopping.

After my mum left I quickly made some granola. I'm not really a huge fan of the granola you can buy at the supermarket, I prefer making my own. You can find a great granola recipe in Alica Silverstone's The Kind Diet. It's exactly the one I use (slightly altered). This time I made two baking trays full of granola - what a pity I can't share the great smell with you:


The rest of the evening I spent watching NCIS reruns on TV and crocheting. "Crochet something out of old plastic bags" is one point on my To-Do list. I thought it might be the right time to start working on that one - even though I don't have a goal for that project yet:


Today, I even started working on two other points from my To-Do list: The Easter card for Kristin and the Mother's Day card for my mum. The cards are going to be pop-up, that's all I can say at this point. Unfortunately, you will have to wait a little while for the pictures as Easter is in April and Mother's day in May (yes, in Germany Mother's Day is in May).

I wish you all a great Sunday :)

- Uta -

PS: My blog got a little makeover, what do you think about the new design?

No comments:

Post a Comment

PLESE NOTE that a blog administrator must actively publish comments before they show up!